25+ experts and coaches together on one day offering you insights on nutrition, training, racing, injury prevention and more... plus 6x Ironman World Champion DAVE SCOTT!
Led by Dr. Jordan D. Metzl of Hospital for Special Surgery and Triathlete magazine, TRI-MANIA NYC (formerly known as the Multisport World Conference and Expo) will feature a series of energetic presentations and "deep dive" panel discussions geared to help you prepare for the start of the new triathlon season. You'll find presentations on overcoming anxiety before the swim, getting faster on the bike, optimizing your run, how to avoid injuries, the secrets of good nutrition and more.
Headlining a terrific list of speakers is 6x Ironman World Champion DAVE SCOTT, who will deliver the keynote presentation and running legend AMBY BURFOOT, who will be interviewed from the stage by Dr. Metzl. Dave is one of the most recognized names in the sport of triathlon and an inductee to both the Ironman and USAT Triathlon Hall of Fame. Scott’s keynote presentation, “Defining Your Own Success,” will focus on proven methods for enhancing performance and achieving athletic success. Amby is winner of the 1968 Boston Marathon, Editor-at-Large for Runner's World magazine and author, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life.See below for the complete seminar schedule for this year's TRI-MANIA NYC. For more in-depth and hands-on instruction check out this year's clinics and workshops.
Admission to the TRI-MANIA NYC seminars is FREE and the morning session begins at 9AM. All seminars will be given in the gymnasium of the Dodge Fitness Center at Columbia University. Not yet registered? Click here to do it now and have a chance to win some awesome prizes including a CompuTrainer Pro worth $1,500!
WELCOME AND OVERVIEW (9:00am-9:15am)
9:00am-9:15am: Welcome and overview of day
- Jordan D. Metzl, MD, Education Director: TRI-MANIA NYC, Sports Medicine Physician- Hospital for Special Surgery, Author: The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies
OPTIMIZING YOUR LIFE IN THE WATER (9:15am-10:30am)9:15am-9:30am: Most Common Training Errors That Befall Swimmers
- Earl Walton, Head Coach TriLife NYC and Owner of Tailwind Endurance
9:30am-9:45am: Common Swimming Injuries and How to Avoid Them
- Scott Rodeo, MD, Team Physician, NY Giants Football Club, Head Physician, United States Swim Team, Head Team Physician, US Olympic Team, 2012 Summer Olympics
9:45am-9:55am: My Life As An Elite Swimmer
- Julia Mavrodin, NCAA All American Swimmer, 2002-2005, 2x Ironman World Championships Top 10 Age Group Finisher, Terrier Tri Swim Coach
9:55am-10:10am: What Makes the Psyche of a Winner in the Water? Mastering Your Swim Anxiety -
- Paul Weiss, PhD, Asphalt Green
OPTIMIZING YOUR LIFE ON LAND: MAXIMIZING YOUR RUN PERFORMANCE (11:00am-12:15pm)11:00am-11:15am: Understanding and Maximizing Your Physiologic Potential During Endurance Sport
- Polly de Mille, RN, RCEP, CSCS, USAT Hospital for Special Surgery
11:15am-11:30am: Running Injuries: What Are The Most Common Ones and How Can I Avoid Them?
- Jordan D. Metzl, MD, Sports Medicine Physician- Hospital for Special Surgery, Author: The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies
11:30am-11:45am: Maximizing Your Run Technique: Is There an Ideal Running Form?
- Leigh-Ann Plack, PT, DPT Sports Rehabilitation and Performance Center Hospital for Special Surgery
- Jonathan Cane, President and Head Coach - City Coach Multisport
12:00pm-12:15pm: Panel Discussion - Healthy Running
TRIATHLON TOPICS: SOME NUTS AND BOLTS (12:30pm-1:30pm)12:30pm-12:45pm: How Can I Make Myself Go Faster On My Bike? Optimizing Your Bike Mechanics, Form, and Fit
- Mike Sherry, Bike fit specialist and cycling coach
12:45pm-1:00pm: Picking the Right Running Shoe for You: What I like in 2013
- Jeff Dengate, Runner's World Senior Editor, Shoes & Gear
1:00pm-1:15pm: How Do I Pick The Right Triathlon Distance and Race for Me?
- Mike Conlon, Physical Therapist, Owner- Finish Line PT, Head Marathon Coach- TNT NYC Chapter
1:15pm-1:30pm: Panel Discussion - Biking, Run Shoes, and Race Selection
1:30pm-2:30pm: USAT Northeast: Initiatives in the Region immediately followed by the Keynote Presentation: Defining Your Success DAVE SCOTT, 6x Ironman World Champion
2:30pm-3:00pm: Coaches Roundtable for the First Time Triathlete
- Robert Pennino (Terrier Tri,) Alison Kreideweis (Empire Tri Club), Scott Berlinger (Full Throttle Endurance), Ramon Bermo (Tri 2 B), Brian Hammond (The Everyday Triathlete), Laura Cozik (Team Lipstick), Neil Cook (Asphalt Green)
HOT TOPICS IN THE WORLD OF TRIATHLON - INTERVIEWS WITH DR. METZL FROM THE MAIN STAGE (3:00pm-4:15pm)
3:00pm-3:15pm: Sports Nutrition - Interviewing Lauren Antonucci, RD, Founder/Director of Nutrition Energy-NYC
3:15pm-3:30pm: Death in Triathlon: How Worried Should I Be? - Interviewing Thomas Nero, MD, Cardiologist and Triathlete
3:45pm-4:15pm: Running and My Life - Interviewing Amby Burfoot, 1968 Winner of the Boston Marathon, Editor at Large, Runner's World Magazine, Author: The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life
4:20pm: COMPUTRAINER GIVEAWAY (Must be present to win!)